In order to set up children policy, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the “Hotel” section;
- Select “Policies";
- Specify the minimum check-in age in the “Minimum legal age” box. If no age restrictions are applicable to your property, please leave the box empty. If certain restrictions apply, for example, if under-18s are not allowed, please enter “18” in the text box;
- Specify the maximum age for children allowed to stay for free when occupying the parent/guardian’s room, using existing beds. If such an option is not available, put a “0” or leave the box empty;
- If you charge your guests extra when providing a crib, please specify the crib cost in the “Child bed cost". If this option is not available, please leave the field empty. If you provide cribs at no extra charge, enter “0". Please note that a crib option is not offered to our users by default and will not be included in the room rate. The availability of a crib option and the extra charges applying will appear in the hotel description text block;
- If according to your children policy, children are allowed to stay for free when occupying the parent/guardian’s room, using existing beds or you offer reduced rates for children using extra beds, you can specify up to two maximum age categories for these options. If such facilities are not applicable to your property, please leave the “Category 1” and “Category 2” fields empty;
- Specify the maximum age restricting the reduced rates and free stay options applicable in the provided boxes. The age limit should exceed the “Infants” maximum age;
- If a child of a certain age category is allowed to stay for free when using existing beds, tick the “Stay free on existing bed” box. If this option is not available, leave the box empty;
- If you offer special rates for children using extra beds, specify the cost in the “Cost of additional bed” field of a relevant category in your hotels' currency (for example, if an extra bed cost is 30 USD, it may be offered at just 20 USD when used by children). Remember to select “USD” (or other currency in case you don't specify prices in USD) in the dropdown menu to the right of the field. You can also specify the cost in reference to the extra adult bed cost as its definite percentage by choosing “% of the adult bed” in the dropdown menu next to the “Cost of additional bed” field. For example, if an extra adult bed cost is 30 USD, it may be offered at just 70% of this sum when used by children. If you don't offer any special rates for children of the selected age category when using extra adult beds, enter your standard extra bed price in the “Cost of additional bed” box;
- After setting the child categories applicable to your property in general, please specify the child accommodation restrictions for every room of your property by subsequently clicking on each room type in the "Rooms" section and selecting the “Services” tab. Tick the relevant boxes named “Category 1 bed allowed” or “Category 2 bed allowed” when setting up child accommodation restrictions for every room. If a selected room doesn’t allow children of a certain category, leave the relevant boxes empty.
If your children policy uses terms and conditions which can not be set up on the basis of the form suggested, please leave the children policy section empty. If you wish your children policy to be displayed on your property page as a text block, please email us your children policy at firstname.lastname@example.org (please remember to include your property ID in your email).